"....the Kingsbury rolodex now has only one 1 entry under "Auctioneer."
From our perspective the Auction went very well. While I am disappointed in not having as many "high end" items as in years past in the Live Auction – that was certainly not anyone’s fault nor for lack of trying – more related to the depressed nature of the local economy (especially the car companies).
As it relates to you and your company – I would have to give you very high marks. Highlights for me include:
- Your advice & ideas prior to the auction were very helpful & creative. Keeping the advertising budget low ($0 actually), making sure that the bigger spenders were assigned close to the stage, having the "personal stories" related to some of the live items; auctioning off the "first table sold" were especially notable.
- Your performance and contribution on the night of the event were outstanding. I thought that you and Howard made a great team. We appreciated you really "plugging" into and "plussing up" the energy for the evening. Many folks commented on the overall entertainment & "surprise" factor of the evening – which is testimony to your presence.
- You showed great flexibility and willingness to go with the flow and make adjustments on the fly throughout the evening – definitely made things easier on us – since there were a lot of moving parts.
I could go on – but you get the picture. If I hear more or different at tonight's meeting, I will pass the data points along. Bottom-line was that you more than earned your fee and we are now big Kenny Lindsay fans. If you need me or us to act as a future positive reference, please do not hesitate to ask. And, I can pretty confidently say that the Kingsbury rolodex now has only one 1 entry under "Auctioneer."
Mike R., Chairman, Kingsbury Country Day
Thank you so much!!!!! You were fantastic and I heard a lot of good things about how you really brought the fundraiser to life! It was actually fascinating to see you at work!!
Patty Schneider, Chairman for the Chimpouoras Benefit Auction
His performance was remarkable! His enthusiasm was infectious along with his optimism and good humor. We simply could not have made a better choice.
Harry Baker, Girlstown Foundation
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your part in making our first auction a great success. Many of our guests had never attended an auction and your easy and approachable manner, humor, and professionalism allowed everyone to have a comfortable and fun experience while contributing to the overall financial success of our school.
I also thought you should know how appreciative we were for your handling of our guests. As a Christian school it was a step of faith to "trust" you with a microphone in front of our parents, teachers, students, and friends of our school.
We are so thankful for the people that approached Lisa Rance (Vanna) and myself to express how much they enjoyed your skill and humor and wanted to know if you would be back again next year!
Thanks again and may God bless you with health and wisdom.
Kent Darcie, Director of Development and Finance, Macomb Christian Schools
I can hardly find the words to adequately express my genuine gratitude. Your generous gift, of your time and talent, to the students of Woodward Academy was an unexpected surprise. And then when I heard the news regarding how much money was raised at our Parent Recognition Luncheon and Auction, I was simply amazed. Our Woodward Academy family in now more enriched because of your skills as an auctioneer and to due the generosity of others who contributed with your gentle prompting. (Smiles!)
I have already heard many positive comments and accolades about our auction from both parents and staff. And, those who were unable to attend are already asking whether this will become an annual event. Not only was this an incredible fundraiser for our school, it also a whole lot of fun! I have never seen our parents, staff and Board members so excited.
Thank you again for your unforgettable, generous gift. It does not occur often enough in life that someone takes the time to share his time and talent with those who are less fortunate. And, for this we are all truly grateful.
Kenny, you are the greatest!
Georgia Hubbard, PhD, Superintendent Woodward Academy
Another high energy performance
…in a relatively short time you were able to pull together advertisements in key publications, send out more than 1,000 postcards to prospective bidders, create an auction video, conduct an extensive telephone campaign and generate substantial exposure on the Internet. Of course the crowning touch was the national publicity you generated with the press release…
The attendance at the auction exceeded our expectations and the proceeds generated were in line with our estimates. It was particularly satisfying to see that the high value items consistently brought in as much or more than we anticipated, and that all items were liquidated.
Paul Cogley, ASA (Wychovia Bank Representative)
Ken does a super job of presentation!
Jerry Davie, Former Detroit Tigers pitcher
"Our auction last year was our greatest success ever and I know it was because we added you and your company's expertise which helped us raise so much more money. I would love to have you again serve as our professional auctioneer as we try to raise even more money."
Jim Leach, Jr. Chairman, Lions Club Charities, Inc.
Kenny calling this one out of the park
This is a letter to recommend the services of Kenny Lindsay… As part of the logistics committee for a fundraising event for the Junior League of Ann Arbor, I had the pleasure to work with Mr. Lindsay for our live auction. His pre-event advice was excellent; he was flexible and very knowledgeable. The night of the event, Mr. Lindsay and his crew were prompt and professional. His auctioneering skills get the highest marks from us. He was fun, lively and judged the room well. We raised a substantial amount more at the auction because of Mr. Lindsay and his crew than we would have otherwise.
I highly recommend them.
Carly Stevens, Junior League of Ann Arbor
- American Cancer Society (Cattle Barons Ball,Michigan State Fairgrounds)
- Ann Arbor Center for Independant Living
- Betty Loher Leukemia Fundraiser
- Brighton Chamber of Commerce
- Carter's Kids - Traverse City, Michigan
- Child & Family Services of Southeastern Michigan
- Coalition Of Temporary Shelter (COTS) (Detroit, MI)
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- DeLeon Annual Scholarship
- Douglas Kruszewski Memorial
- Gabriel Richard High School
- Habitat For Humanity (Wixom, MI)
- Jewish Community Center (West Bloomfield, MI)
- Junior League Of Ann Arbor
- Kingsbury Country Day School
- Livingston County Child Abuse Prevention
- Macomb Christian Schools (Warren, MI)
- Michigan Big Game Hunters Association
- The Greater Milan (Michigan) Area Community Foundation Auction Gala
- Muscular Dystrophy Association (Rock Financial Showplace – Novi, MI)
- Northville Preschool (Northville, MI)
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Safari Club International
- St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church and School - Ann Arbor
- St. Joseph Parish (Howell, MI)
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Shiner's Hospital's Of Michigan
- Shrine of the Little Flower (Catholic School)
- Six Rivers Land Conservancy
- Team Winter - Prostate Cancer
- The Great Lakes Coca-Cola Collectors Club (Kalamazoo, MI)
And many more just like yours
Some of the Clients We Have Had The Pleasure To Serve
His professionalism, sparkling sense of humor, and vast knowledge were very well received and entertaining for our audience. He contributed greatly to increasing the bidding price for our live auction items, thus helping us earn more money for our playground."
Lindsey Smither, Principal, Lakes Elementary School
Add ENTHUSIASM to your event and watch it come alive!
We'll show you how!
Copyright ©2017 Kenny Lindsay Fundraising Auctioneers. All rights reserved.
To Whom It May Concern,
My name is Rusty Korhonen and I have been the Chairman of the Orchard Lake St. Mary's Preparatory Auction for the past five years. Our annual auction typically raise $200,000 or more. In 2014, we hired Kenny Lindsay as our professional auctioneer for our event with the expectation that he would add excitement to the live portion of and help us raise more money. We had high expectations, and worked diligently with Kenny to put together an exciting array of live auction items. Kenny and his team exceed all of our expectations. We reaised substantially more money in our live auction than in previous years, we created a level of excitement for our Live event that carried over into the following year, and we received many compliments from our patrons. The most important benefit we received from working with Kenny is a different and more professional perspective into how we run our event.
I would recommend Kenny Lindsay to any fundraising event. Kenny and his team bring a level of professionalism that is impossible to provide without his experience. His live auction presence brings excitement to the event, and his professional experience brings a much deeper evaluation of how the event is run. Kenny has made numerous suggestions to us in the past three years that have made our event more efficient, more exciting, more fun, and most importantly raised more money for our organization. We have come a long way in the past four years, and I would personally thank Kenny for his big contribution to our success. We have a great team of people who work very hard every year to ensure we run a successful auction, and we consider Kenny a very integral part of our team and our success.
Please feel free to contact me at any time to discuss Kenny Lindsay and his professional ringman team.
Rusty Korhonen, Auction Chairman
St. Mary's Preparatory
Orchard Lake, Michigan